My Body Glide Foot stick is great for my long runs - I usually apply it to my feet when I am running 10K or longer or if it is raining or extra humid outside. While the Body Glide Foot is great on my heels and the balls of my feet, it isn't exactly the easiest to use in tough to reach spots like my toes. This is exactly why I was super excited for the chance to try out Body Glide Skin Glide.
- Product Information (source: Body Glide)
- Long-lasting and effective for daily use in humid and dry conditions. No greasy, messy petroleum, lanolin or mineral oils.
- Keeps pores clog free. Sweat escapes and lets skin breathe.
- Clothing and footwear safe.
- Made with allergen free, plant-derived ingredients. Vegan approved, never tested on animals.
- How to Use Skin Glide (source: Body Glide)
- Before you put on clothes, between toes, hard-to-reach places, and anywhere skin is vulnerable to irritation from rubbing
- The hydrating cream quickly becomes a satin-smooth barrier in seconds. And it's grease-less!
In the past few years I have sworn by petroleum jelly to coat my feet for long runs. Yes, it works, but it is rather gooey and messing to be honest. Skin Glide is a cream rather than an ointment which was the first noticeable difference that I saw. When I rubbed in the Skin Glide to my foot, it rubbed in very nicely versus sticky like petroleum jelly. The Skin Glide applied very nicely and smoothly and coated my feet, including between my toes, liberally and evenly. The absolute best part of applying Skin Glide to my feet is that because it gets completely rubbed in, I didn't make a mess with excess ointment getting all over my socks when I put them on! WIN!
I am happy to report that Skin Glide kept my feet completely protected during my half marathon. It was a HOT race for sure since we started at 7pm which was 90+ degrees (plus sun and humidity) so my feet were definitely sweating hard for those 13.1 miles. As a bonus, my feet felt super soft when I took of my shoes and socks after the race! It was like a mini-pedicure while I ran...haha!
While I used the Skin Glide on my feet, there are certainly other places that it can be applied when you take part in your activities (or even day to day life). Think of all those places you tend to chafe or have irritations - yep, put some Skin Glide on it.
A HUGE thank you to the team at Body Glide for the opportunity to check out Skin Glide. This is definitely a great new product to add to my race bag! As my mileage increases this fall, this will be much appreciated by my feet.