When we headed to Walt Disney World for a few days after Christmas, I scoped out info on the resort fun runs to see what I could fit into my schedule. Since I was only there for a few days there was only one resort fun run that I could take part in, Disney's BoardWalk Seaside Sprint. While we were staying at Pop Century, it was just a short (and cheap) rideshare ride over to BoardWalk.
Since the run starts at 8am, there aren't too many guests out and about yet. Even the few that were out gave you cheers along the way which was fun. The lifeguards were absolutely amazing and were positioned at each of the few turns that there were to make sure that you stayed on course. There was also a castmember on a bike to lead the way for the lead runner and to make sure that no one needed assistance along the way.
No matter if you are wanting motivation to get your miles in while at Disney, enjoy a few miles with your family (yes, it it totally family friendly), or just want to acquire some neat Disney swag, I recommend checking out the Walt Disney World Resort fun runs.
- Sunday: Port Orleans French Quarter, Beignet Dash (8 a.m.)
- Every other Tuesday: All Star Resorts, All-Stars & Icons Fun Run (Now though March 2019, moved to 8 a.m.)
- Wednesday: Old Key West, Southernmost Point 3K (7:30 a.m.)
- Thursday: Saratoga Springs, Derby Dash (8 a.m.)
- Thursday: Yacht and Beach Club, Regatta Run (8 a.m.)
- Friday: Boardwalk Resort, Seaside Sprint (8 a.m.)