to preview. No other compensation was received for this review. All thoughts are strictly my own based on my experience.
Since committing to the 2018 Spartan Trifecta, my training has been stepping up BIG TIME. Running more, lifting more, training harder, eating better. There has been something missing though - something that brings the training "full circle" and complete. My mental training.
When I heard about the The Spartan Way coming out, I knew that this could be a key to completing the training puzzle for me.
- Self-Awareness: Know who you are and who you are not. If you don’t, you’ll be confused daily.
- Prioritization: Deal with the important things—what you define as important— first.
- Grit: Break out of your comfort zone. Do the hard, scary sh**. Find your passion and persevere.
- Courage: This is the ability to stay focused and work relentlessly with both intensity and passion through virtually anything, especially through failure.
- Wholeness: Live the life of a complete and whole Spartan.
As my training really amps up in the next few weeks, going in with a different mindset and focus on these virtues will help my preparations in becoming a better athlete and human.
By Joe De Sena with Jeff Csatari
St. Martin's Griffin
On Sale: September 4, 2018
Hardcover: 978-1-250-15321-0 / $24.99 USD
eBook: 978-1-250-15322-7 / $11.99 USD